If you are going to have any success dating Chinese women, you’re going to have to throw any preconceived notions that you have about Chinese food out the window.
Believe it or not, there is Chinese food and there is Americanized Chinese food. Both can be really tasty, but you have to learn the difference between the two.
Like lots of cuisines, Chinese cooking has been modified in the West and is quite different from what most Chinese people in China actually eat. At home, Chinese people usually eat lots of vegetables, some fruit, and sometimes a little meat. Their food is simple yet delicious.
Meals are served family-style – even in restaurants – and everyone has a seat at the table. Here’s a list of some popular Americanized “Chinese” dishes that aren’t really eaten in China:
- Crab Wontons. These deep-fried dumplings filled with cream cheese and crab are delicious, but they aren’t eaten in China.
- Chop Suey. This meal was actually invented by a Chinese cook working during the Gold Rush years for American miners. The dish was really a conglomeration of leftovers!
- Sweet and Sour Pork. This dish seems more like it came from the American south than China. With its battered and deep-fried chunks of pork or chicken slathered in a thick reddish-orange sauce, it is definitely not a local dish in China!
- Egg Rolls. Chinese people usually eat spring rolls, which are more delicate and crispier than egg rolls.
- Beef and Broccoli. Beef and broccoli as you know it is not a staple in China because the type of broccoli used is difficult to find there.
- Fortune Cookies. Fortune cookies are not Chinese! Dessert is not common in China, but when something sweet is served after a meal, it’s usually an orange, which is considered good luck.
While it is perfectly alright to enjoy Americanized Chinese food, if you want to impress Chinese women, put a little effort into learning about their cultural cuisine. Trust us, you won’t be sorry – authentic Chinese food is delicious!