Long-distance Chinese dating can seem like a scary idea for many people, especially if they are new to the online dating world.
The good news is that long-distance dating doesn’t have to fizzle out after the first few communications. Here are some great tips for making a long-distance love affair last:
- Stay connected. One of the secrets to long-distance relationships is to increase the frequency of interacting with your partner. This means more phone calls, more video chats, and more text messages.
- Communicate honestly. When you’re in a long-distance Chinese dating relationship, it might seem hard to communicate, but communication is key. You have to put yourself out there and stay honest about how you feel. Talk about everything, just as you would in person.
- Build the relationship up. If you live a great distance apart, you must take the time to nurture this relationship. Get to know each other over time to forge a strong and powerful bond.
- Get creative. Keep the romance alive by being creative – surprise your faraway lover with a box of chocolates delivered to her job or send a special card. You could even draw inspiration from the past and send a mixed tape or CD.
- Battle the green-eyed monster. Jealousy can rear its ugly green head when you’re in a long-distance relationship. This often occurs simply because you’re not there. Be open and talk about your concerns; you might find that they are completely unfounded.
No one ever said that a long-distance relationship was going to be easy, but it can be just as real, vital, and important as a local relationship. Good luck!