This entry was posted in
This entry was posted in
As you continue dating Asian women, the time might come when you want to settle down and maybe even get married. One day, the two of you might even want to have children. Perhaps you move to China to start a new life together.
What happens when the topic of having kids comes up? Perhaps the two of you will want to adopt, but how does adoption work in China? As you know, dating Asian women is a little different from dating American women, so why wouldn’t adoption practices be different as well?
According to the laws in China (the Adoption Law of the People’s Republic of China, to be exact), foreigners are allowed to adopt both male and female children under age 14 in the country. The categories of kids that can be adopted include orphaned children, abandoned children, and children whose natural parents are not capable of providing for them.
It is important to understand that when a foreigner adopts a kid in China, that adoption must be approved not only in China but also in that individual’s resident country. The prospective parents must also have no other children, neither through birth nor adoption; be capable of raising and educating the child; have no significant illnesses that might affect raising a child; and be at least 30 years old.
As a foreigner, you’ll also need to provide a number of items along with your application for adoption including:
- Birth certificate
- Marital status certificate
- Certificates of property, profession, and income
- Health examination certificate
- Criminal record certificate
- A home study report explaining your lifestyle, family, and finances
Additionally, there are a number of other rules you will want to learn about, especially if you are serious about adopting a Chinese child. Good luck!
This entry was posted in
Online Asian dating can be a truly rewarding experience as it opens up a whole new realm of romantic possibilities. However, there is also the potential of being scammed through an online dating site.
Although most of us think that the stories we see on the news about an online dating scam could never happen to us, the truth of the matter is this: some Asian dating scams have become so sophisticated that even the most technically savvy or street smart individual can be duped!
Fortunately, there are ways you can protect yourself. Here’s how:
- Never send money to anyone online. If an online love interest begins asking you for money, chances are it is a scam. The basic idea is that these individuals will start by professing their love for you as they gain your interest and trust. Once they have that, they will ask you for money. Sure, you can send gifts if you want, but if someone flat out asks you for cash, be wary.
- Stick to the online dating site. In the beginning, it is a good idea to stick to interactions through the online dating site rather than personal accounts. Eventually, if you want to move away from the dating site, you can, but keep this in mind for those early interactions.
- Watch out for tall tales. Everyone has a story, but scammers are particularly good at spinning tall tales. Watch out for anyone who says they have had a traumatic incident and need some cash just to get home. These folks usually tell you they are traveling abroad. Remember: if something seems too good to be true, it often is.
- Steer away from intimate conversations early on. A popular online dating scam involves intimate conversations and the threat to post them publicly if you do not send money. This is extortion and is illegal.
Chances are your online love is the real deal, but it doesn’t hurt to be prepared when it comes to dating online.
Online dating is a great way to meet Asian single ladies, but is there anything special about that very first meeting? It is possible that one of you will be traveling to a foreign country for this very special first date, and there are some things you should keep in mind as you prepare.
- Dress code. Believe it or not, there is an essential dress code for when you meet Asian single ladies for the first time. As with any first date, you want to look respectable and very put-together, as appearance is very important in most Asian cultures. However, the nature of the first date will also determine your wardrobe for the day, so pay close attention to the itinerary.
- Bring a gift. It is customary to bring a gift on the first date, but it doesn’t have to be expensive. The important thing is the thought that goes behind it and that she likes it. Show your sincerity by giving a unique or thoughtful gift. If you will be meeting her parents for the first time, be sure to bring them a small gift as well.
- Keep expectations low. Although things might be going wonderfully online, it could be a little different when you meet in person. Remember, real love will stand the test of time and reality. When you meet her for the first time, do not behave as though you have been a couple forever. Take it slowly and keep expectations low.
- Talk a lot. Stay in touch leading up to the first meeting through online chatting, instant messaging, texting, phone calls, or even video conferencing. Any way you can keep in touch is important in order to get a complete understanding of each other.
Going on a date is never really easy, especially when the two of you come from such different countries and cultures, so it is okay to be a little nervous. If you have found that connection online and want to meet in person, you might have found your soul mate!