This entry was posted in
This entry was posted in
Chinese dating sites don’t lead only to romance; they sometimes also lead to marriage. What happens when an American wants to marry a Chinese citizen?
There are a few things to consider, some of which Chinese dating sites don’t really get into. After all, they aren’t marriage sites! Here’s what you should keep in mind if you’ve found the love of your life and would like to tie the knot:
- Legal residence. If you want to get married in China, one of you must have legal residence in the country. China does not allow foreigners on tourist visas to marry in the country.
- General requirements for U.S. citizens. It is important to understand that the regulations for marriage in China vary significantly among the country’s different provinces, cities, and towns. If you are a U.S. citizen, you will typically be asked to provide a valid passport and valid Chinese visa.
- Other requirements. Other things you might be asked to provide include proof of legal residence of at least one party, a notarized Affidavit of Marriageability, proof of final divorce or annulment (or death certificate of deceased spouse), three photographs of the couple together with a red background, and a registration fee.
Although the above information is currently accurate, it might not be comprehensive, and when you’re getting married, you want to cover all your bases. Therefore, it is advisable that you check with the Chinese Civil Affairs Office to make sure that you are fully prepared for marriage in China!
Asian singles, even those dating American citizens, often end up getting married in China. So, if you are dating someone you’ve met online and is from China, you will want to read on for some helpful information about getting married in China.
The first thing to understand is that foreigners cannot get married in China unless one of the people is a legal resident of the country. If you are simply dating someone of Chinese descent but isn’t a resident, you won’t be able to obtain a marriage license.
Registration for marriage in China differs throughout the different cities, townships, and provinces, which means that the documents you may be required to provide will likely vary. However, U.S citizens hoping to get married in China must provide the following items:
- Valid passport with a valid Chinese visa.
- An Affidavit of Marriageability, or a Single Statement, must be notarized and provided.
- Verification of divorce, annulment decree, or death certificate if you’ve been married before.
- Three photographs of you and your loved one in front of a red background.
- Registration fee.
Believe it or not, there are some rules pertaining to which Asian singles can get married and which ones can’t! Some Chinese citizens, such as security officials and diplomats, are not permitted to marry foreigners. They can, however, marry other Chinese citizens. Additionally, Chinese students are allowed to get married to foreigners, but some schools do have rules that require such students to be expelled.