If you’re into Asian dating, you will probably need to make an online dating profile, which will inevitably include lots of pictures. You don’t have to be a professional photographer – or pay one – to get the best pictures up.
We’ve put together some quick tips that will make your photos seem a lot better than the competition.
- Pay attention to the lighting. If the lighting isn’t quite right, you’re going to look a little weird. You could also make yourself look tired in the wrong sort of light. Remember, indirect lighting is better than harsh sunlight. You should also avoid fluorescent bulbs.
- Stay away from the mirror. A selfie taken in the bathroom mirror might very well be one of the most unappealing photos, so keep it off your Asian dating profile. Get someone else to take the picture.
- Use a flattering angle. If you aim the picture directly at your face at eye level, you might distort your features. Avoid profile shots as well. Always shoot from an angle, preferably from above.
- Take off the hat. Sure, you might look super cute in that baseball cap, but don’t wear it for your picture. You can include one picture with your favorite hat, but don’t make a habit of it! Remember, never use a hat to cover up the fact that you might have a receding hairline.
- Smile pretty. You don’t have to exclaim “Cheese!” to take a nice picture, but you do want a nice smile. The goal is to appear casual and upbeat, which makes you more appealing to members of the opposite sex.
Good luck with your pictures.