Tag Archives: Visas


Visiting China to meet Asian women? Tips for leaving

If you’re talking to a few Asian women living in China that you’d like to meet, there are some things you need to know about leaving the country.  You are probably already aware that you need a passport and a visa to get into China, but did you know that there are also rules about leaving?

Plane flying to China

When it comes to leaving China, you must have a valid visa and passport, just like you needed upon arrival.  If your visa expired or you lost your passport while visiting China, you won’t be permitted to leave.  Depending on where you are in the country, it could take up to a week to get the visa replaced, so be sure to pay attention to the dates on your visa.

If you happen to lose your passport, you will need to replace not only the passport but also your visa.  The first step is always to report your passport as lost or stolen to Chinese authorities and then follow the steps for getting a replacement.  Remember to do this in the city in which you lost the passport or you might run into complications. Depending on where you are, you will either need to visit the local police department or the Entry/Exit Bureau.

You might already know that if you are visiting China, you are required to register your place of residence for the visit with the local authorities unless you’re staying at a hotel, in which case the staff will do this for you.  If you happen to only be passing through China in your travels to meet Asian women, you don’t need to register or get a longer visa as you will be there for less than 24 hours and stay within the airport.

K-1 visa makes it easier to marry single Asian women

Men who want to marry single Asian women must do a little more than simply meet the right girl and fall in love in order to live out their dreams.  Citizenship issues often come up, which is why it is important to know about the K-1 visa.

Fiancee visa

The K-1 visa is the answer to the prayers of men who want to marry single Asian women.  The fiancée K-1 non-immigrant visa is for the foreign-citizen fiancée of an American citizen.  This visa allows the person to come to the United States and marry her fiancé within 90 days of arrival.  After the marriage, the foreign citizen will need to apply for an adjustment of her status to become a permanent resident.  Children of K-1 visa applicants will receive K-2 visas if they are eligible.

This is a rather simple process.  Of course, there are a few legal requirements stipulated by U.S. immigration law.  For example, both the American citizen and the foreign-citizen fiancée must be legally free to marry when the petition is filed and remain as such afterward.  The marriage must also be legally possible according to the laws in the state where the marriage will take place.

Typically, the visa is not issued to couples that have not met in person, and the meeting must have taken place in the past two years for it to count.  In extreme situations, exceptions have been made, although a petition must be filed.